Peppermint Brownie Bites
Yield – 24 bite-sized brownies
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 11 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Set your eggs in a cup of warm (not hot) water to help them come up to room temperature. This will allow them to easily mix into the batter without solidifying the coconut oil.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare your mini muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or use a silicone non-stick pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Remove eggs from the water and break into the bowl. Stir in eggs and beat about 30 seconds to get them well integrated.
- Stir in flour and mix just until combined. Add peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups. Be sure if you’re using silicone that you place a baking sheet underneath it to keep it steady when you’re moving it in and out of the oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 – 11 minutes or until toothpick test shows a few moist crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool before enjoying with a bowl of ice cream or by themselves!